Calligram

 



I choose a pencil for my calligram because my aspirational career paths and hobbies center around writing. I use it to express myself creatively, connect with others, and share my ideas. I also thought it was fitting because the calligram consisted of a note to my future self. To create this design. I put an image of a pencil as the background, and traced it with shapes and lines. Then I used the pen tool to place the text on the lines and in the shapes. It was fairly simple to create.


Letter to future self:

Dear Future Self,

I hope I’ve accomplished everything I set out to do and are truly happy. I’m excited to see what I will do and where life takes me. Ideally, I’d like to spend a few years in Tampa after graduation, and maybe live in a few different cities afterwards. I’m going to be super surprised and disappointed if I end up back in the Northeast. In twenty years, I hope to have a few kids and a loving husband, as well as a nice house in an interesting area. Right now, I’m a junior in college, majoring in communication and double minoring in public relations and journalism. I’m not sure exactly what I want to do yet, but I would love to either work in nonprofit public relations or broadcast journalism. I’m still unsure whether I will go to graduate school or not. I hope I’m still able to visit with my mom, dad and brother once in a while. I also hope I’m still super close with my friends from Maryland – I can’t believe this fall will mark the ten-year anniversary of us being friends! I also hope I’m still close with Kristen, Jess and Emma. I think Jess and Emma are going to stay in Tampa for a bit like me, but Kristen is thinking of living in New York City after college. I just came back from Miami where I visited my boyfriend Alex! It was a lot of fun, and I hope to visit again soon. I’ve only been dating him for a little over a month, but I love him so much and he makes me really happy. One of my goals is to travel more. It’s 2022, and I haven’t been able to take a trip outside the country since 2019 because of coronavirus. Anyways, I just hope you’re happy with your career and life choices, and are staying safe and healthy.


Best, 

Ella Malmgren


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BW to Color

Somewhere

Business Cards