Somewhere





For my Somewhere project, I wanted to place myself in a scene from Mean Girls. Although I've seen the movie many times, it's not my all-time favorite movie, but I chose it because the wardrobe for this movie is so iconic, and I wanted to try and emulate it. To create this scene, I first chose the mall scene from the movie to place myself in. I chose this because all of the characters are facing the camera, with little overlap between them, so I thought it would be the easiest to make it look realistic. On photoshop, I first overlaid the image of me over Gretchen to replace her. I then took the opacity down and removed Gretchen from the image. This was the most difficult part because she's in front of a very busy background, so erasing her hair in front of the stairs was hard. After that. it was pretty easy to complete. It was fun to toy around with the different coloring and lighting options.

 

Comments

  1. I really like this movie so it was cool to see how well you blended in the project! great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ella,
    I really love your take on this project. Your outfit is so spot on and I know it was probably hard having to remove a whole person. Props to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job. You blend in well with the original image

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this movie and your edits and fit were fitting in perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I obsessed with this move so I think its amazing that you choose to add yourself into the scene! I know you said you struggled a little with your head near the stairs but you did a great job blending it in!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BW to Color

Business Cards